Monday, May 9, 2011

What Else??

Boy has it been busy lately.  I feel as if my head is spinning.  It started last month when I took a week off to be with the kids.  Ok, so the week was great, but it put me a week behind at work, so I was running crazy.  Then came May...


May has been crazy, already, and that is putting it mildly.  Abby began her 3rd year of swim team, which I love, but practice is every single day.  This only goes on until early July, and it is totally worth it, but I have to work every day around her schedule (her Dad made it clear if I wanted her to be on swim team then all practices and meets were on me) such is motherhood.  Then, I just picked up all the Piggly Wiggly grocery stores in my area plus the headquarters plus two 10,000 plus square foot warehouses where I not only need to restock and reorganize 30+ first aid cabinets, but I also have to hang them all.  Now this would be a tall order on a month where I am working each day, but then...


Zach got sick. Ugh. I got a call from daycare that he had a fever midday last Tuesday and he is just now starting to get back to his old self.  So I have missed a lot of work.  Zach had Hand, Foot and Mouth disease.  The poor little guy has been plagued by fever and blisters/ulcers on the inside of his mouth.  He's been in a lot of pain and very fussy this entire time.  That alone is exhausting, now couple in...


Molly has also been sick.  She has been stricken with her seasonal, horrible, keep you up at night, coughing fits.  We have done cough meds around the clock and breathing treatments.  Today she stayed home and cuddled and played with Julio.  I think she is turning the corner, but it's tough hearing her cough so badly and feeling so helpless, it really weighs on a Mom.  Then...


Abby came down with a cough and cold yesterday.  I got to be bad guy today and decided she needed to stay out of the pool and miss practice.  She was not too happy with me, but I am hoping she will be able to go back tomorrow.  Since she's gotten older she doesn't tend to get too many colds and they never last long so here's hoping.  Ok, to top it all off...


I woke up yesterday in serious back pain.  All I can figure is I must have slept on it wrong.  At one point I was doubled over on the bathroom floor in tears and couldn't get help.  I couldn't even catch my breath enough to call for Julio.  Luckily Zach finally came in and when I asked him to get Julio he ran out...to color at the table with his sisters!  Apparently he eventually matter of factly informed them "Mommy's crying in the bathroom", which Julio heard.  I had tried to text him, but he didn't hear his phone.  I managed to make it in the hot tub, rested most of the day and am feeling better, though sore, today.  


Of course, staying in bed all day put me behind on my household chores.  Julio tried to help (and he did take good care of me), but, well, let's just say there is still a lot to be done.  I have managed to straighten some tonight, organize my Piggly Wiggly accounts, plan my month in sales-somewhat, and pull paperwork together for my real estate agent--since I got home today.  Oh, did I forget to mention I also put my house on the market last week?


Have I lost my mind??  I guess feeling a little overwhelmed tonight is understandable, right?? Now someone please come disinfect my house and my kids, please!  And if anyone wants to offer to clean house for me I would be ever so appreciative.

1 comment:

Musing Madman said...

Babe, you are doing great! Actually, you are my hero!