Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Abby and Her First(?) Love Note

I was pretty shocked, stunned, speechless when I found this note on my kitchen counter the other day:
Now I immediately, shrieked calmly asked Abby (my 7 year old) what this was...she replied all giddy and innocent like, "it's a love note for my boyfriend". Um, clearly we need to discuss the meaning of a "love note". 

Well, okay, so I did not, immediately, recognize this as lyrics to a Katy Perry song, a song I do know, by the way.  Then a little while later Abby was playing "Just Dance" on the Wii and there it was...this song and all the lyrics on the screen, karaoke style. Aha. Mystery solved.

Except...I still needed to explain a few things to Abby. Clearly. Like how this is no where near a "nice" thing or a "love note" to send your boyfriend. Also? Thank goodness I discovered it before she took it to school for her teacher to see!  

This only makes me wonder, however, what have I NOT seen??

Abby is clearly laying the ground work at the boss in that relationship I do believe!


7 comments:

Kim said...

LOL.

And so it begins.

Musing Madman said...

Boyfriend?? Already??? WoW! And yes...clearly...what works for love notes...and what doesn't. It is interesting seeing how kids respond to media and instinctively apply it to their situations.

Unknown said...

Kim...yeah, it is beginning, isn't it?? Oh boy.

Julio...yeah, boyfriend, already. Don't worry, Bethanie will have one next year, don't feel left out!! :)

Evil Twin's Wife said...

That is hilarious!

Schmoop said...

I think it is quite a moving bit of prose. Cheers Mandy!!

Jay said...

The love letters I got when I was that age went something like...

"If you don't leave me alone I'm gonna tell my parents and have my brother beat you up."

Yeah, I was getting restraining orders in grade school. ;-)

Anonymous said...

HAHA, I was like "whoa! she's setting his ass straight!". Good to know she took the words from a song though, surely she's too young to be so jaded already, LOL. I would've liked to have seen your face when you found this :-)