Thursday, June 14, 2012

Father's Day Gift

I knew Father's Day was going to be a little bit tough for Julio since this is the first year in a very long time that he hasn't been with his kids on his special day.  Since Becky and Ben decided to live with us during the school year, they now visit their Mother when they are out of school and Bethanie is staying with Julio's parents for the Summer.  I wanted to make sure he still had a special day so I started planning early.  While the kids were on Spring Break and I was on vacation I took them to one of the local parks and photographed each one holding a sign stating why he is so very special to them (I also did this for each of their Grandfather's).  It was quite a labor intensive affair as there are six kids plus a group shot times 3 men in their lives times multiple shots to make sure I got the "perfect shot".  Plus it was HOT. But, tempers flaring and temperatures rising did not deter me. I still got it all done.

These are the pictures for Julio:









These are the ones we did for my Dad, "Papa":





































































































Finally, the set for Julio's Dad, "Papaw":

























































































































































There you have it. My Father's Day 2012 project. My only regret is I couldn't find a chalkboard to use as I had wanted.  Now...what the heck do I do next year?? Hmmm...

No comments: