Monday, May 3, 2010

Not Me! Monday

 



Friday night I had to go to Walmart. Yes, I said Friday night and Walmart in the same sentence (yes I should probably have my head examined). Ed and his girlfriend took Abby to Frankie's Fun Park for the evening so in all honesty only have 2 in the store seemed a breeze. I, of course, did NOT buy Happy Meals from the in store McDonald's in order to ensure an easy visit. Oh no NOT ME! That would NOT be a Happy Meal toy on Molly's head, nope...I would NOT bribe my kids! Oh NO! Certainly NOT ME! (But, seriously, is she not the most adorable princess??)


On Saturday night the three kids all climbed into bed together. I did not take this picture and tweet about it being an early night, OH NO! That would just be asking for trouble!  I actually got very lucky. Shortly after I took this picture I put Zach in his crib, settled the girls into their own beds with "Jaws" (I know, I would never let my kids watch "Jaws" and would certainly not let them call it their favorite movie!) and proceeded to take an uninterrupted bubble bath. It was amazing, I had my favorite guilty pleasure magazine (Oh get your minds out of the gutter, I'm talking about US Magazine), my bubbles, the jacuzzi jets and peace. When I got out of the bath I found the girls were sound asleep in their beds! I was in shock! Now, keep in mind, I did not lock myself in the bathroom, I could hear them if they needed me! But, wow, who would have ever expected them to fall asleep! Certainly, NOT ME!


I have been working with Molly on potty training. She has just about got the hang of it. I realized how in depth we had been focusing on it when I saw Zach look in the potty and shout, "ALRIGHT" for no reason at all!  Overreact much? Oh, no, NOT ME!!


So that's just a little bit of what I did NOT do this weekend!  What about you? What did you NOT do??


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

2 comments:

Musing Madman said...

US Magazine??? Really??? Naked in the tub and the best you can do is US Magazine??? lol

Jay said...

The McDonalds in Walmart is hard to resist. They make it too easy.