Monday, March 22, 2010

Not Me! Monday



Alrighty, another version of come clean Monday. Well, I can tell you folks I had a heck of a week last week, it is not one I'd like to repeat ever again, in my lifetime. However, things ended up amazingly, incredibly better than I would have ever imagined. I am happier and more energized than I have felt in a very long time. Rest assured there will be more on this coming soon.


So last week I decided to work in downtown Charleston one day. I totally did NOT forget it was St Patrick's Day. Oh no, not me. I am always more on top of things than that! Not only did I NOT forget it was St Patty's Day I did not forget there was a parade and absolutely did not get stuck by said parade for an hour. Oh no, you know me much better than that!  Productivity was at an all time high, I assure you!


I did not let my kids watch Snow White and The Princess and the Frog over and over this weekend, oh no, not me! Ok, I did...BUT they also had hours of play time outside. I feel this quite adequately balanced out. It's all about balance, after all!  And, I did have to have time to clean house and do the laundry! Not to mention clean up the girl's room and closet...always a fun chore...


I did a little bit of shopping for the kids today. Zach and Abby both needed a a few things for Spring (Poor Molly gets a whole lot of hand me downs). It is so nice living close to the outlets. I can find things at Gymboree, Carter's, Children's Place and OshKosh every bit as inexpensively as I can at consignment shops, IF I'm careful. I absolutely love Gymboree. Unfortunately I get so distracted in there. I can shop for all 3 kids in the same spot and that makes it a bit hard for me to focus and therefore I can quickly overspend if I'm not careful. Of course, I would NEVER overspend, oh no not me! I found several cute things at Carter's for Zach, I mean whole outfits for $5! I totally did not make my selections, pay for them and then find a few more on my way out! Oh no, not me! How silly is that?


Well, that's about all that I didn't do last week. As is always the case I'd love to hear more about what you didn't do!  Did you stay up late and watch the Health Care Reform? Did you write your congressman? Did you over indulge this weekend in a little bit of adult beverages? Did you do anything embarrassing? Do tell...we're all friends here!


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My weekend was so boring that I don't even have anything to come clean with, lol.

Jay said...

I live about a half hour from Branson, MO. So we have all those outlet malls up there. It's amazing how much cheaper they are. Sometimes odd sizes, but still pretty nice stuff.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Pretty laid back weekend here. The weather was beautiful. I need MORE of that! :-)

Doc said...

I did not write my Congressman even though he was one of the few Dems that voted against the healthcare.

Unknown said...

Cute outfit. Wait 'til you're a grandma. It's even more difficult to resist those cute clothes and "bargains." Yes, I know, you've got a LONG wait, but just wanted you to realize that it gets worse, not better. :)