Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Procrastination

As is the case every year, at least for the past 3, my daughter's birthday has snuck up on me once again. Molly will be 3 on January 19th. I will be out of town through the 15th and I haven't planned anything. "Mother of the Year" right here, folks!


I know I will manage to throw her a great 3rd birthday. I will just do it the week AFTER her birthday (SHHHH...don't tell her and she'll never know!). I LOVE 3rd birthdays. When I turned 3 my Mom had a 3 layer, heart shaped (my birthday is just before Valentine's Day) birthday cake. I still remember it, ok I still have pictures to remind me.


Anyway, for Abby's 3rd, I repeated the tradition and she had a 3 layer "present" cake. It was a huge hit. So here we are at Molly's third. Guess I will come up with something 3 layerish for her. We will probably just have a family gathering at our house for her, grill out, and just hang out and enjoy.  


I really can't believe my "baby" girl is turning 3, already! Guess it's time for me to get busy and start potty training her. Ugh, I just dread it...which is why she isn't potty trained already! It only took me one day to train Abby, she had one "pee accident" and that was it. I highly recommend the book, "Potty Training in a Day", it works. Which makes me wonder why I have put it off for so long? Abby was 4 months or so shy of 3 when I trained her...oh well...guess I know what I'll be doing later this month! But Zach, well he's all Ed's to train!



5 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

We never do "big deal" birthdays here. It's always too cold and the weather is unpredictable. We stick with family and presents and the kids have both been fine with that for years. :-)

Jay said...

Just potty train her the way my grandmother potty trained her kids. Sit her on the toilet and swat her on the knee and yell "Pee!"

It works. ;-)

Unknown said...

I like that method, Jay! I'll keep it in mind!

ETW=that's pretty much what we do, until they are old enough to have a few friends. We did Abby's at The Little Gym this year and it was wonderful! We just showed up, they did invites, cake, entertainment, very inexpensive, too...I see a repeat performance for her in September!

Will Shealy said...

Maybe we could do cupcakes this year? Just a thought...

Unknown said...

Will, Will, Will...did you not READ the post? No cupcakes, we have to have a 3 LAYER CAKE! It's tradition for 3rd birthdays! Sheesh...