Thursday, April 15, 2010

Today I Did Something for the Very First Time!

I did something today I have NEVER done for myself.  I mean, ever! It is really kind of strange, actually, when you think about me being 36 years old and never having done this...


I bought myself...


a set of sheets!

Now, do not misunderstand me. I have bought sheets for my kid's beds. I have shopped for sheets for me, but I am just so darned picky about my sheets and I never want to spend the astronomical amount that good (by my definition) sheets cost! 

I have a set that my aunt gave me over 16 years ago...can that be right?? Wow, they lasted a long time, but are, sadly, worn completely out. I also have a yellow set my Mom gave me and a white set my Step Mom gave me, so I just rotate these around.  Actually, that is not entirely true. Each set becomes my favorite at different times (I know, I'm weird). If it is the current favorite I will just wash them and put them back on the bed. Besides I only want sheets on my bed that have that very fresh, clean combination of Tide and Downy. See? I told you I was picky!

So, today I must finally put the set from my Aunt to "rest" (get it? Sheets/rest?...never mind). So while I was in Sam's Club buying diapers (ugh, will that EVER end?) I decided to check out their sheets, as I know the set my Step Mom bought me came from there.  Boy did I luck out. I found a great set, so very soft, for only $50! I was impressed. They are even a soft olive green color to match my room.

They are divine! I came straight home and put them immediately in the wash with my trusty Tide and Downy! They are now on my bed ready to lull me to a blissful, sweet dream filled sleep...

Nighty night, ya'll!



7 comments:

Musing Madman said...

Sounds comfy...rest well...sweet dreams

Kim said...

New sheets are amazing!

I'm glad you treated yourself!

Have sweet dreams!

Unknown said...

OH, did I mention I bought 2 new pillows, too?? It is the lap of luxury!

Jay said...

I've never bought sheets by myself either. I always took my sister with me. She knows about these things and can tell me what is good and isn't.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Always buy the BEST sheets you can afford and don't be shy about it! That's my one weakness on not being cheap. I like to sleep on high thread count sheets!

Anonymous said...

I agree with ETW, good sheets are a must. The smoother the better. Enjoy your new bedding!

DILLIGAF said...

The workings of a womans mind will forever remain a mystery to the males of the species....;-)