Monday, April 5, 2010

Not Me Monday



 
So another edition of Not Me Monday. This will likely be a brief version as I am one worn out Mommy.


During today's follow up Dr's appointment for Molly we discovered Zach has a double ear infection.  So 2 out of 3 with full blown sicknesses. I have been in constant Mommy mode for over 48 hours and am ready for a break. No, not really, not me! 

So one night last week the girls were off playing quietly in their room. I was so enjoying the peace and quiet. However, I would never notice how quiet my girls were being and not go check and see what they were doing...oh no...not me...and then discover they had taken my red nail polish and painted their own toes and fingers...no, no, no...that just sounds very irresponsible...




While in the ER Saturday night I warned the nurse that Molly did not take oral medication well. Did he listen to me? Oh no, not him! He came back in the room with a huge amount of liquid Motrin and another man to help hold Molly down and force the medication down her throat. Did I try to warn him, again? OH no, not me! Did I get rewarded for his stubbornness? Oh yes I did. My sweet little Molly threw up all over herself and me.  Of course we were in the ER, where I had rushed her to, without a change of clothes. I do not deal well with vomit. But I guess I was in Mommy mode and I got her all cleaned up and she spent the rest of the evening without a shirt and I spent the next 12 hours smelling really nice.  Did I save the shirt that so cutely matched her pajamas? Oh no, not me, that sucker went in the biohazard trash!


Ok, that's about all I am up to admitting this week. I am going to bed. It has been an exhausting few days!

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope all your kids get well soon! How exhausting for a momma!

DILLIGAF said...

It wasn't me either...;-)

Women are so good at this!

I'm so so glad men aren't...;-)