Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Twelve Random Things About Me

I am joining the bandwagon and copied this list from my dear friend Evil Twin's Wife who, took the idea from Dana at Amid Life's Crises. See how this stuff spreads?

1. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet?



Hmmm...this is a tough one. I think it would be a pair of black, satin, heels with two tiny rhinestones on the straps that I wore at a convention in Rhode Island in 1999.

2. Did you buy Girl Scout cookies this year? If so, what variety?

No, actually for the first time in years, I did not buy girl scout cookies this year.


3. Do you know how to ballroom dance? If not, would you like to?


I do not know how to ballroom dance. I think I would love to learn, if I had a willing partner that would then take me out dancing. I hear it burns a lot of calories...and how sexy it is!

4. Were you a responsible child/teenager?


Extremely. My parents didn't even give me a curfew, Mom said I was always one that couldn't stay awake too late, so she never had to worry about me. I didn't even have my first beer until I was 19! Then, when I was 20 I was in a bar with some friends and one of them shouted, "Hey, Mandy, do you want another beer?" Before I could respond my Mom and step Dad turned around from the bar and said, "Yes, Mandy. Do you want another beer?" OMG...who the hell runs into their PARENTS  in a bar?? Me, that's who.

5. How many of this year's Oscar-nominated movies did you see?



I have actually not seen any of them, but I'd like to see every single one. Well, except Avatar, I just don't think I'd enjoy it. Maybe I will watch it, however, just to see what all the fuss is about.

6. If you're going to have a medical procedure done, such as having blood drawn, is it easier for you to watch someone else having the procedure done or have it done yourself?



Either. I am not too queasy about that sort of thing, however, I'd much rather it be me over my kids, of course.

7. What is your favorite day of the week and why?



Hmm...I have two. I love Friday-so much optimism and excitement over what the weekend holds in store. I also love Sunday's-relaxing, quiet, family time. I like to watch movies on Sundays and wear my pj's all day long!

8. Do you miss anyone right now?



Yes, very much so. I miss several people, but I really miss my Dad. We are a little over a month away from the first anniversary of his death. It has been a very difficult year. 

9. Do hospitals make you queasy?



Nope, not at all. It's funny, if I have to go to the hospital for some test or something, and I wash my hands, the smell of the soap quickly brings to mind my most recent hospitalizations (other than my pneumonia last year) and those were for the births of my children. It is a wonderful memory.

10. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card. Not that you ever would, you responsible person, you.



Hmm...so many to choose from, Target, Haverty's Furniture, Best Buy, Tiffany's...and I know I am forgetting some very good ones..oh, wait. I'm only supposed to pick one??

11. Are you true to the brand names of products/items?



I agree with Evil Twin's Wife, I am on certain things, toilet paper, Tide Detergent, Downy Fabric Softener, Cherry Coke Zero, the rest I pretty much prefer the store brands.

12. Which is more difficult: looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when he/she is telling you how he/she feels?



Oh, it's much more difficult to look in someone else's eyes when they are telling you how they feel. That is very intimate, revealing and very vulnerable. 



Ok, well, there you go. Now you know me so much better...

6 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Very interesting! I'm sorry about your dad. It does get easier over time, but you'll always miss him.

Jay said...

I think my favorite day of the week is Cleavage Saturday. haha ;-)

Anonymous said...

My favorite day is Monday and I am extremely loyal to Gain detergent. Even if another good brand were several $ cheaper I just couldn't stray. LOL.

That's so funny about your parents in the bar, good memory.

DILLIGAF said...

Personally I spread like an unfortunate virus...but there yer go...;-)

1. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet?

Two years! No! Three years! oh Christ! I'm a man! Like I know???

2. Did you buy Girl Scout cookies this year? If so, what variety?

If I had I may have been arrested...

3. Do you know how to ballroom dance? If not, would you like to?

The only ball room and dancing that springs to mind is Michael Jackson so I'll pass.

4. Were you a responsible child/teenager?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...this could go on forever Amen!...Let's just say HAHAHAHA ad infintum eh?

5. How many of this year's Oscar-nominated movies did you see?

None. They aren't on SKY yet. £50 for a family night at the movies or £50 drinking beer at my local. No contest...;-)

6. If you're going to have a medical procedure done, such as having blood drawn, is it easier for you to watch someone else having the procedure done or have it done yourself?

I just say 'Bruise me and I'll be back"....works for me

7. What is your favorite day of the week and why?

Any day that ends with vodka and romantic times with the wifey.

8. Do you miss anyone right now?

My mother. I rang her yesterday and she's still alive. I so so miss her not being!

9. Do hospitals make you queasy?

My only stay (three years back) included a very nice Philipino nurse giving me a bed bath. I wasn't actually entitled to one but she liked me...er...nuff said

10. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card. Not that you ever would, you responsible person, you.

There aren't any left!!!

11. Are you true to the brand names of products/items?

If it's got the word 'vodka' in it yes.

12. Which is more difficult: looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when he/she is telling you how he/she feels?

Peace of cake. I'm a crap liar anyway!


4D x

DILLIGAF said...

Peace not piece? Yep. Drunk again...;-)

Will Shealy said...

Another one of those things that differs between us: You have no qualms with watching a surgery - I freak out when I've got an IV in me - I can't even watch it when someone else gets one. The surgery shows give me nightmares, and I'm paranoid of seeing something that might spazz me out every time I go into an ER.